Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Radical

I have been reading Radical by David Platt thanks to my good friend Amber Moore. That book will rock your world if you let it. It has given me a new outlook, and reminded me my purpose. Here are a few quotes that I liked:

"Disciple making is not a call for others to come and hear the gospel, but a command for us to go to others and share the gospel."

"We can rest confident  in the fact that nothing will happen to us in this world apart from the gracious will of a sovereign God. Nothing."

"You're life is free to be radical when you see death as a reward."

"When we risk our lives to run after Christ, we discover that safety is only found in his sovereignty, the security that is found only in his love, and the satisfaction that is found only in his presence. This is the eternally great reward, and we would be foolish to settle for anything less."

"Sacrifice is not giving according to your ability; it's giving beyond your ability."


1 comment: